The Story of my Life

Monday, February 4, 2008

Step 6...Now, what do I do with these items that I gathered?

After I write my life story, what do I do with all these items of my life that I have gathered? (step 3).

You probably have managed to gather a great deal of items pertaining to your life. There no doubt will be a variety, such as paper information, small bulky items, and large bulky items.

1. Paper information....any vital information documents such as birth certificates, baptism certificates, diplomas, photos of you and your family, important letters, and the like....put them into acid free sheet protectors and then into a labeled, 3-ring binder.

Other less vital information, put them into a file folder system of your life, according to year.


2. Small bulky items....things like award ribbons, badges, small vacation souvenirs, postcards, school memorabilia, and the like....label each item with a date and why you saved the item. It would be very wonderful if you could write a little story about the item. Then place the items into a nice decorated box that you have labeled with the name of the contents and the year range of your collection.


3. Large bulky items... such as clothing, craft items, books, dolls, tools, sports equipment, etc. Do the same with these items as explained in #2 above.